发表于 2008-8-9 09:13 | 显示全部楼层
觉得主题歌和点火炬有点失败,不过还是很帅的了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-9 10:58 | 显示全部楼层

Gift Packing Box with Gold and Silver Foiled Frosted Finish internet status

Gift Packing Box with Gold and Silver Foiled Frosted Finish internet status
世纪互联
Right now we are packing--putting in, taping up, shoving our life into boxes. Not just our life but seemingly the lives of all who have gone before. And what do I want to do? Revel packing boxin it all: oh, there''''s a photo I haven''''t seen for 20 years because I never did up those albums; here''''s the dress our daughter wore to our wedding; our first son''''s favorite Madras plaid pork pie hat that he wore until it was faded when he was a toddler; the layette of our third, and youngest, child. My father''''s organ shoes. My first typewriter (a relic on which I banged out every college paper except my thesis on the campus mainframe in 1984). My father''''s typewriter--even more of a relic. And on and on it goes. Some stuff is already in Kentucky but the rest is here or in transport.
Why is it that clothes are the hardest to part with? I shoved bushels of old outfits from Boston years into bags for the dump. Classic clothes in many sizes that will never fit again unless I become anorexic (three kids, remember?). I gave myself a box: one large plastic lidded box. I filled it with clothes www.onebag.com that might one day fit. I put "CSP clothes--2010" on the top of it--if they do not fit by then, out they will go. These are realistic sizes. Good clothes that I can see myself in again. And that was just the storage closet in the cellar.
I won''''t even mention how many bins of children''''s clothes I am not ready to part with yet: and that is just the favorite stuff that I''''ve already culled down in recent years, the memory makers: the cute and lovely little pants and shirts and dresses of childhood (we only had one daughter and the collection seems to be dress-heavy). packing box So maybe that''''s what it is: old clothes remind us of other lifetimes, of different selves, or moments with our children. First day of school. Life''''s occasions. "I wore that when..."

The problem is that when you move yourself--into purchased box trailers that are towed for $5 a mile (still cheaper than a large moving company)--you tend to say, "oh well, we might as well FILL the truck, given that it is the same freight half or full." So much is going down to be sorted later. Furniture and other things will come later when a possible real estate deal is finished. For now we pack up closets, knee walls, a barn and the stuff and chaff of our lives. This enormous house just proves that space absorbs stuff: lots and lots of it. Time has a way of doing the same thing: absorbing little www.box.sk bits and pieces until there you are and it''''s months later and really nothing to account for the time passed (at least in my world, sometimes).
Perhaps I''''m just delusional. Perhaps my husband is dealing with the reality and I''''m still in fantasy land: after all, he will be tending to the major portion of the move when I am in Kentucky with the kids in school (early August start) but for now there is much to do together. I have a visual inventory memory and if I recall where packing box it was before it was packed, it will make some sort of sense when I see a well-marked box.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|何炅快乐店论坛 ( 京ICP备09017460号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 05:21 , Processed in 0.040097 second(s), 9 queries , File On.